Saturday, June 29, 2013

Distressed shades of grey with stencil, stain and paint

This piece may look familiar. I have done a mayching one, but in a nude green with gold handles.... Thank you good will.

...here is the new version 

Anyway, this little dresser side table would have taken so long if I didn't have to sand the painted and stained drawers off again! Lol.  I tried out a new stain, which was astain and poly in one...figured it would skip me the poly finishing step. Well the problem is, it doesn't work like a stain...it works like a poly.  Which means you don't whip it off so it was turning the whole thing black.  

Anyway its a good thing I just tried it out on the drawers first, because it was pain to sand off. 
After painted it again in this light grey....I was going for Annie sloans(way too expensive) French grey.  I think it came out the right color.







After distressing and adding the stain it darkened quitea bit. I was thinking about using the grey or white stain, but I haven't had much luck with those and the brown steak didn't do anything to he wood showing through it just changed the color of the paint.....so I went with black and just wiped it away real fast.



....here is the first version.




   

I also went ahead and painted the handles black to make them pop and added a damask stencil on top.  I feel like stencils can really change up a piece and make it very unique. Also I painted all the insides of the drawers to really give it that finished look. 

Well after waxing and lightly sanding.....which by the way I have read up on and if you really want to get that smooth finish you need to wax sand, very very lightly with 150-220 grit sand paper and wax again. Possibly 3 times, which I did.












 Dresser/side table/nightstand....can you tell I don't know what to call it is available on etsy or just contact me or my partner Casey directly. 
Roguerosereproduction@gmail.com
My number is 805-551-5754
Casey 805-657-0907

Thanks everyone...let me know what you think. 
Pin It!

1 comment: