Sunday, June 2, 2013

More wedding furniture

This is by far my favorite piece, and I got it super cheap at a garage sale. And it wouldn't have taken me to long to do if I didn't try to rush and paint the coats to fast. I think the under coat wasn't dry when I painted the second coat and I had to scrap the whole thing and start over...but you live you learn :) 
Here's a close up I painted and distressed the top and drawers and left the rest painted just brown. The handles I got off ebay. The original ones were just plain wood knobs and didn't do it justice. 

This ended up being the cake/cupcake stand for the wedding. I used some .99 cent store tea cups and plates to make all the stands. When I get the wedding pics back I will post all that. 

Anyway I wish my while house wasn't black white a d color because all this vintage stuff doesn't go,  but posted this to esty and Craigslist yesterday and got two hits on it already. So that just means I get more room in the garage to make some more stuff.  

I'm excited to start some new projects, especially since I just bought a bunch of stencils from ebay and etsy. Now I just got to learn how to stencil better without getting the smudge marks 

I would love some feedback from everyone.  Kinda feel like I am talking to my self lol 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment