Monday, July 1, 2013

New Paris shabby chic jewelry armoire.

 I am just really excited to show this jewelry armoire I did.  It was a first for me. And I love it. There was definitely a very flubs on the way, but it came out great.
Addy rose posing next to mommies work

This was the first to,e I used chalk paint the semi real way...I still made my own with plaster of Paris, but I didn't sand first. The paint had a builtin primer so I just wiped it down with some gloss remover and painted. The only thing is, when you go to distress be careful, because before the wax coating goes on it can be difficult and chucks can come off while sanding. 


On the sides of the dresser added stencils, as well as the top and doors all before stenciling, but I'm a doofus and I put one of the stencils I did on the inside of the top upside down ....
I also added paper to the inside of the door, and behind the mirror...and guess what I put one of those on upside down too...when will I learn?


Once I had all the paper glued and stenciled I waxed and waxed away. I also added these handles to the drawers which didn't have any, and more decorative ones on the front...which I have to whip out the metal saw to get one of the knows off, because the other one was broken.  That was pretty hilarious lol. 

After all waxing I added the pull, handles and hinges. Also two areas to hang necklaces and such from. I love it so very much! 
Pin It!

1 comment: