Friday, June 28, 2013

Distressed black and white antique desk makeover

Finally done....I say finally, because the curved drawers on this thing where a pain in the butt to distress and I'm guessing a pain to sand in the first place even though Matt and Casey took care off that part.
Here's a pic of the drawers all sanded nice and clean.  And the only thing I have as a before shot. I really have to get better at remembering to take those.  


It also didn't help that I had to paint two coats of black and two coats of white, which I didn't paint all at the same time because I kept changing my mind...of course

There was parts that were all black that just didn't look right and I really didn't like the way the drawers looked like with the key paper.

I also put on three layers of this polyurethane clear coating and looked up the proper way to do it to make sure that nothing happens to it. You have to do very thin coats over and over and over again.  Plus lightly sanding after waiting the four hours in between. That's why I usually am working on more than one project at a time....I am trying to limit myself to 3 at a time so I don't go all crazy, but its hard not to be crazy when you are a "bit" crazy lol.
The finished product is great. I'm a bit obsessed with stencils right now so I almost added one to the top but I refrained....they are on the next one I get to show you, which is coming very soon.....if I didn't keep messing up like putting stencils on upside down :/ oops but it looks like its goons be good!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment