Monday, June 17, 2013

Blue distressed and white washed/stained smaller writers desk

This piece was quite the pain in the butt!  I tried to use some of the homemade chalk paint in teal that I had made for another piece, but if you leave chalk paint sitting you have to make sure you stir it up like you did the first time with the electric drill.  So when I painted it the first time without sanding and went to go and distress it, all the paint just started to peel off so I decided to sand it all again and start over.  The picture of the sanding it over again is down at the bottom.  
Anyway it came out pretty good.  I need to get better at taking pictures of the in between stages, because all I have to show you is the final product which came out pretty good, but completely different than the color that I was going for.  

At first this piece was a bright teal blue with the brownish red distressing showing through.  I needed to mute it down, so I took some white stain and let it sit for quite a while.  And also since it was chalk paint that I was using the stain stuck ALOT! 

It was hard doing the stain with it sticking so much trying not to get it to leave marks are all look together.  But in the end with a lot of wiping off it worked out.

The handles were a very dirty bronze, so I spray painted those white to really bring them out.  

This is me trying to take a pretty picture of it, but I forgot to put the little pull out piece that goes above the small drawers, but it still looks pretty :)


and heres the kinda before....after the first painting that was all coming off anf before I painted it again.  
Available on Etsy.com/shop/cahleyscouture for $249 
Or just email me 
Thanks, Cahley 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment