Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Today's projects

First I am going to take the coffee table I have been working on to match the side table with the newsprint and I am going to try to create an epoxy coating. Im scarded! I've never done epoxy and I really like the table so I really don't want to mess it up.
This is what it looked like before I put on the epoxy....I didn't do it quite right so I am waiting for my Costco size epoxy to come in the mail so that I can add another layer of it or 2.  I picked out a bunch of cool headlines and vintage ads and printed them out.  A lot of them I had to blow up to make the whole thing look like right.  

Now here is where I messed up and the epoxy didnt work out so well.  I didn't glue down the paper well enough so the tips that weren't glues down all the way got epoxy under neath and so when it hardened there are little tips of hard paper sticking up.  When I put the second and third layer of epoxy on it I am hoping it all works out.  I am thinking that it is going to look cool like the paper is just thrown on the table.   

This is me trying to figure out were to put the paper.  Even though it didnt work out so well when a big wind blew....but hey! I had a pic lol!


I know these pictures are really backwards, but this is where I started, I sprayed it first on the parts that would be seen with a spray primer.  (again in the wind...it wasn't even windy or so I thought, but even a slight breeze when spray painting can make all the paint go the wrong way) 

Painted the sides black

Next project that ended up taking me two weeks to get to ---->
But it wasn't because I wasn't working I was just working on 15 other things lol! 

Then the next project I've never done before and it scares me too, because I need to be better at that whole measure twice cut once idea. I'm going to try and attempt to put straight and centered antique handles on the project that I finished in the backyard.......I finally go to that today power tools and all! (4/23)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment