Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Black and White Distressed Small Table/Cabinet

This is the side of one of my new projects, the doors are black distressed and I am going to decoupage old newspaper in the center of them as soon as I can figure out how to measure them out right :)
This is what it looked like before and you can see why measuring in the middle of those doors is going to be a pain in the butt!

So something about painting this....well first of all it is all made of particle board and laminate. (I know doesn't look like it does it, it was a surprise to me too) So I used Kiltz primer, two coats and then I measured and taped off the areas I wanted black.  At first I wasn't going to leave the strips straight maybe with a little bit of grey stain to make it look like newspaper, but when I pulled the tape off some of the black seeped under the tape so there was areas that had black spots on the white, NO FUN! So instead I just sanded the edges of the lines to make them look old and like they ran into each other.

Then I took this "clear stain"  it was super thick and not clear, it was kinda tinged yellow.  But it is a seriously great thing to use to make sure that your piece doesn't get messed up.  I don't know if it was the brand of stain or that it was really old and that was why it turned yellow.  It worked out though, because I was going to use the old newspaper that was tinged yellow too.  My dad got me some new stuff from home depot and I am going to try that on that next one.

Well I am off to spray the clear coat on another piece Ill show you next and hopefully get the doors done on this one.
The finished drawers

The whole finished project

I'm 



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment