Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pretty chic side table refinished laminate

This was pretty much free from a garage sale. It came with a dresser they were selling for $20 and this for $5. So I used those mad negotiating skills and said $20 for both... Mad skill right?! Lol
Anyway first I took the hardware off then I did a light sanding with some 150 grit sand paper....try not to be lazy like me and do the details with a power sander, you end up taking away the indentation and it makes it that much harder when you go to paint on the white. 

So I sprayed this with the good ole Bissner Primer, just one coat, and then sprayed multiply coats of a semi gloss grey. 

From there I took some normal craft white paint and a small round brush and did the detail work by hand.  What was cool about using the semi gloss was if you made a mistake and got to it quick enough with a wet paper towel you could whip off the mistake.  The biggest problem I had was putting the white around the drawer. At first I had taped it off with some regular blue masking tape, well FYI, if you are really trying to avoid any bleeding of the paint go for the green frog tap it works way better. 

$199 email me if you are interested

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment