Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New shelving unit

This was my first time using chalk paint which I made myself using plaster of Paris, water and paint. It comes out pretty chunky so it's a good idea to use a paint mixer that you attach to a power drill. 

I filled some holes in it so I had to sand it in those areas, but the rest I left as is. It was a little scary because I feel like you should always prime and sand, but chalk paint says you don't have to so I guess you don't lol. 

I used a stencil for the sides and an antique white, which is pretty much white just not as bright. I just used a small roll on sponge and dabbed as rolled. The pain part was that the edges of the shelves come out so it was impossible to get the stencil to lay flat so I just had to do some touch up. 
The best part of this story is when my laziness took over and I didn't feel like going inside to clean the roller so I used the hose and when the spray hit the rolled it spun out all the paint that had been on it all over me and the plants. Smart move right?!

I tried to do a little staging for it, but I have so much stuff for the wedding and so much big stuff it was hard, but that painting at the top is an oil painting I did at school. I'm glad I finally got to put it somewhere. And that cute picture in the middle is of my adorable little one Addison Rose. 

I sprayed it with a clear sealant when it was done. And that was it. I'm still deciding if I was the line the back with some pretty scrapbooking paper or not. 

This is just the inside. All blue. Is only $99 and you can buy it from etsy, etsy.com/cahleyscouture/store. Or just email me hazyheavens@yahoo.con

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment