Friday, September 4, 2015

Jewelry armoire makeover

Here's a custom makeover to a plain ole standing jewelry armoire. It was a custom order for a client that wanted it white, black and grey tones with some Paris and chandeliers.
**TIP: before you start anything that has felt drawers or lining make sure you tape them up and cover them with paper. They are hard to clean so you don't want sanding dust or paint to get on it. Also bag and label all the screws, handles and hinges in separate bags so you know which screws go where.


I first painted it black and used some wax in certain places before painting it white. From there I did some distressing and to give it a more cohesive feel I took some black stain to it to give it all those shades of grey.

I used the reverse transfer method for the images.....the thing I learned later which would have been great to know before is that kinkos can print out black and white on regular paper any size 42" and as long as you want?! I thought I had to just work with the 11x17" prints that I could print from the copiers there. So on the sides I used to sheets which is annoying because you are always left with some sort of a line where the two pages meet up.

For the inside part that you see when you open the door I made a vintage looking image with a fluer de lies that I found on Pinterest and messed with in Photoshop. For the outside I used a couple different images, some illegible script a chandelier and some crowns. All of it I got off Pinterest most of the images are from graphics fairy which gives you free good sized printable images. I also used a foggy background to match the other image.


I did the same with the front image just switched out the crown and chandelier with the Effiel tower and a large "Paris".

From there is was just about spraying the handles and clear coating.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment