Wednesday, July 29, 2015

80's laminate dresser makeover

my friend has had this dresser her whole life and she wanted to redo it. The picture she showed me of the style she wanted was a super distressed real wood dresser. When she showed me a picture of the dresser she wanted redone I asked her I could just buy her a new one that was real wood lol. But she was attached to hers so I did what I could. I am bummed, because I forgot to take a before picture and it was such a crazy transformation.

What I did to make it look like real distressed wood was to first paint it a wood color. Since when you took off the 80's gold handles and a couple of screws the drawers fronts came off I decided to use spray paint for the base. Once I had it painted dark brown I waxed it in areas where I wanted the second coat of paint to be removed.


The front has a transfer of a vintage bluish green paper and over the top I stenciled. We picked out new handles and there you go.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment