Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Antique dresser makeover - Greys and black

                Little antique dresser up cycled into beauty! 


Here's a cute little dresser I got off craigslist. It's definitely a real antique, heavy and all real wood. Here is the before picture.

I decided to go with a black and grey coloring because I really feel like the neutral colors sell the best, so if I am not doing a custom piece for someone I like to use neutrals and since I'm not a huge fan of beige I went with the black version of neutral.


I added little details in black between the drawers and on the side detailing. I used tape for some parts, but most of the time it's easier just to do it with a small ain't brush and maybe just use the tape as a crutch. When it was done and time to put the drawers in of course they didn't fit. I don't know when I will ever learn...always belt sand the bottom of the drawer and really sand the top and sides. This helps prevent the drawer from sticking after you have painted on layer after layer.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment