Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Antique curio painted and distressed

It took me forever to find this piece. I was in search of something for our tiny bathroom downstairs that would look vintage, shabby chic.  I found this which was dark wood and not in too bad of shape. I painted it with a colored called sage grey, which is like a grayish green color, then distressed and waxed it.  The inside shelves had stains on them and I didn't want them painted so I found some old key scrapbooking paper and decoupaged that on the shelving.

I got some vintage bottles from a flea market and eBay to decorate the inside. They don't even have to be vintage bottles one of them is just a beer bottle. I sprayed them dark brown then a different color over the top. From there I just distressed them. I found it works best on bottles that have some sort of detail that sticks out. The flowers on top are my dried out bouquet from my wedding :) and the basket is from the goodwill that I just sprayed that same dark brown. 


Here's the before and after.


When my dad is ready to help me with the construction part, my plan is to do a distressed wood wainscoting on most of the wall and then some vintage floral wallpaper above that. Then to add some shabby chic decor here and there

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment