Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Progress in stencils

So I know I haven't posted in a while....it's because I m working on 4 different things right now, but I thought I would post some pics of the progress.  Here a before look at the desk. 

The secretary desk was supposed to be done yesterday, but when it was put altogether it just didn't look right and I still have to decide what I am putting on the front.  I kinda want to use the mermaid type stencil I used for the antique green, teal and white one I did, but I feel like it needs something simple, but it still needs more white added. Here's the side and the drawers are white with the same stencil only in black. 
???? I am fighting myself on this one...I kinda want to add a quote, saying or word of some sort to the front, but I get nervous that if I use the wrong quote of saying that it will turn buyers away.????
Any advice or cool quotes you can thing of?

 So the other things I am working on st the moment is a very cool jewelry armoire, that wasn't going to be pairs themed like the other, but I couldn't help myself....it's black, white and hot pink with chrome handles, some vintage handles painted in chrome and some crystal knobs. With my very own Mr fixit Dad this pice s almost there...wouldn't have been able to do it without him! Thank you dad! 
Side

Front doors
...and the next that I have been working on is a long French provincial that I luckily fund for cheap, and I keep looking for more like it, because that's the style that's seems to be the big demand! 
It's 9 drawers, white three small in the middle, with one handle missing of course that I can't find anywhere. The whole thing is painted black,except I changed the top to grey and the drawers are white, and will have grey handles. 
I plan to stencil the top with the French writing script I have in white and possibly some black as well. The top drawers are stenciled with small diamonds and I think I am going to wait to see the the top done and what the handles look like on it before I decide whether I want toads anything to the bottom drawers. 

There's one more too. It's a smaller dresser with three drawers that have been done for forever. The rest is a flat black with a red and white keep "calm and carry on" quote on top. My problem with this one is that I am trying to add black and white pin  strips down the sides...I've done them twice and did not like the result, I think it is because I had the spray paint. The darker color as the bass. 
This is the top

I have a big ole list of things to do today, which I know I won't finish all of them,but the 5th, and actually 6th AND 7th projects are custom orders. One was placed on etsy for the French provincial set I have and the other two were brought over by people that just wanted me to paint their furniture a certain style. I keep going from EXCITED to SCARED!  I'm so excited this seems to be hitting off, but scared that it is just happening right now and old slow down also scared that I can make enough money,go to school and finish the projects in a timely manner. And...scared that my dads house is being over run with furniture.  :/ but its getting there and that is excited. Also I'm not messing up and having to redo quite as much as before which is definitely good for the budget.  

I'll definitely out more posts up when the furniture is all done. 

Thanks...also we have our own website up and running...still working on it but check us out from time to time. 
RogueRoseReproductions.com 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment