Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Black dresser, grey top, stenciled with writing and harlequin

Love love this one! And I got it for $20, whoop whoop!

I tried out my new spray gun on it at first with the first coat of black, but I wasn't a fan, I think it's because I returned the nice one my dad got me for this cheapo one.  But I wasn't ready to use the whole air compressor and everything. 
I ended up just painting on the second coat and spray painting the drawers and handles. I really love the way the white looks on the grey and vise versa. 
I was dying to use the writing stencil again, since I used it on this jewelry armoire that I have yet to show you, because it needed so much help from dad. 
Everything turned it great in the end I think this was the first project here I really didn't have too many mess ups.....that is until yesterday when the part that wasn't covered got some spray paint o it, but it was on the bottom black part so it was an easy fix. 
The drawers did take quite a while though, because of how old they were.  There were cracks that had to be filled and I think I sanded them like 4 times including after the undercoat, because they were so ruff. 

But again in the end...viola I like it. 
I think it always turns out that way in the end, because I will redo it and want stop it I live it :) 

$600 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment