Monday, January 27, 2014

French Script Stenciled Side Tables - Coco Chalk Paint

So I did this style on my own coffee table and did a side table to match, in grey and white.  They came out really beautifully, but since it is so hard for me to do the same thing twice I decided to try using brown and cream instead of grey and white.  
The brown bottom is Coco Chalk paint and the top is a homemade chalk paint that I made up.  I made it once when I had only a little of the Old White Chalk paint left.  I added some white, some off white, and some natural linen...not chalk paint colors and I came up with this beautifully creamy white color that I love, because it doesn't have those tints of yellow in it like a lot of off white colors have.  If you like the color I have the measurement numbers that you can take to home depot and get a color match for it.  
On the top of the....let's call it Cahley's Cream top :D I've always wanted to name my own paint color....I used the Cooc to stencil french script on top.  There is no trick to it, I just put the script on one line at a time and hope that I don't have some weird space at the end where there isn't enough room for another line.  Each piece I do like this comes out different, some better than others.  
I waxed all the coco parts and for the top I used Matte Minwax clear coat.  I feel like anything that you do that is going to get a lot of use should have a clear coat on top so that it is easier to clean and keep clean.  And the Matte clear coat is great because it doesn't add a shine to it.  They have all shines though so if you decide you do want a shine there is satin, semi-gloss and gloss as well 

There are two of these and they are available on my etsy site, or you can email me roguerosereproductions@gmail.com




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love the stencil. Can you tell me where I can purchase it....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorites! You can get it from an etsy shop. Here is the link. https://www.etsy.com/listing/116742271/old-script-2-five-stencil-set-of-french

      Delete