Sunday, January 5, 2014

Custom Vanity for Alicia

This was a custom request that came from a guy who wanted to get something really great for his wife for Christmas.  Now I am 5 months pregnant with twins and not in any condition to be doing furniture too much and especially not on a time crunch, but since I have a great dad who knows his way around painting I was able to do it.  Plus I am a complete sucker for Christmas.  It is by far my favorite time of year.  I am the type to start get ready for Christmas in October and has the Christmas music on from Thanksgiving on.  My dad is the same way.  I decided that if he were a Christmas character he would be a Who from Whoville....people slow down on their way past our house because of the blown up santa in a helicopter or maybe it is the 7 foot tall christmas mickey...plus the new santa in a hot air balloon all on the roof lol.

Dad does the outside while I stick to the inside, but we both contribute to the mass amount of presents under the tree.  This is what it looked like under our tree and mind you this is only for me, my dad, my husband and our daughter Addison......just wait till the twins are born!!

Anyway onto the custom vanity...this is what it looked like before. 


So he wanted it to look like a past project I did.  It was a dresser with red drawers with black and white stripes and a red crown on the top that read keep calm and carry on.  
SO this one I...well my dad painted the drawers red and the rest black.  I felt that the pin stripes would be too much on such a small space.  So here is the final product.  

That's my very own homemade stencil :) With her name.  

There is a mirror that pops up from the inside.  


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment