Sunday, January 5, 2014

Custom Chalk Paint Duck Egg Blue


This is some of the furniture that I have in my room.  I painted it by getting a sample color of the way too expensive duck egg blue chalk paint and got a color match for it.  Then I used a homemade chalk paint recipe I got off pinterest.  I believe it goes 

                          1 cup paint, 2 1/2 TBSP Plaster of Paris and 1 1/2 TBSP of water.  
I've used a couple different recipes and I like it better when you mix the plaster and the water...hot water before pouring it into the paint.  

Here is my dresser....the cream color is a makeshift color too, and I have no idea how I did that one...I did old white and regular white and cream and just mixed until I got what I wanted.  Then the brown on top was the same thing.  When I ran out I had to go with the entire nightstand to home depot to get a color match, because I didn't have anything smaller with the color on it.  :D  But if you like the color I do have the numbers to it now so you would just have to bring it to a home depot.  

My pretty vanity that i ended up selling 

The headboard also sold lol 


The dresser before 

The dresser after..by far one of my favorites 



Pin It!

1 comment: