Monday, August 12, 2013

Antique cherrywood stained and stenciled writing desk.

This desk was pretty much in perfect condition when we got it, but the top needed work....dosing e I was going to have to sand off the top anyway I decided to give some of my style. 



I used the French script stencil that I love so much and found out what it said too lol. 
"J'aime ton sens de l'humour" - I like your sense of humor
"Tu me fais rire" - you make me laugh
"Tu racontes des choses intéressantes" -you tell interesting things 
"Je t'adore Toujours dans mon Coeur" - I adore you, or you are always in my heart 
"J'aime ton sourire" - I love your smile. 

I added the stencil with black paint and then stained it back to the natural berry walnut stain it was and gave it three poly coats to make it smooth. 

The trick to getting it smooth with poly is to do very very light sanding in between coats with 220 grit or higher. 
And viola! 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment