Saturday, November 7, 2015

Grey and White Paris Bedroom Set


Pretty in Paris : Grey's and White with a Paris Skyline on Top




I'm still stuck on grey, which is nice when I'm not doing a custom order because it is a neutral that almost everyone can go with. Very unlike some of the crazy pieces I've done in the past and was stuck with for 3 years till the right person came along. The before and afters are crazy because of the way I got the set in the first place. It was spray painted bright purple blue and green. It had a missing middle handle which was impossible to find at an ok price and the ones I did find were cheap and snapped when I tried to screw it on....so in the end I changed out all the middle handles and I like them even better. 

Here's some close up and a view of the top which was a large print out from kinkos, black and white only costs about $7 :) but beware with all the white this design had it was hard to keep it white and the front edge was grey so the cutting was a bit difficult to make it look smooth against the white border. And just FYI it is pretty darn hard to cut the shape first and then glue because it is so big no matter how close you get the cut, when you glue it's always off and you have to cut more. With the desk I didn't cut at all before I glued and was just careful not to let the be glue build up around the edges. Then cut with a very sharp razor blade making sure not to cut into the wood





Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. WOW ! UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL! My girlfriend sent me a picture of your work so I am just now viewing your creations.....so very impressive!

    ReplyDelete