Monday, September 2, 2013

Before and after French Desk Red and Black

This was a simple French style antique desk, with beautiful curves and was in really great shape.  

Great buy too real cheap from the Restore...Habitat for Humanity store down the street.  I am in there everyday.  They pretty much know me now a days lol.  

So this was a custom order for the same client that got the night stands and the chest.  

She wanted them to match, but it was for her boyfriend and a surprise so we had to make it a bit more masculine.  So we went for red and black, clean and glossy with the same handles but in black and a big red old fashion crown in the middle....a stencil I made with my new stencil machine :)

We added a little decorative red lining in the creases down the sides of the legs for a little flare!


The crown really made it, but I wish I could have added some flare, but my husband said that it would have made it too girly....so there we go, vintage made a modern masculine masterpiece ;)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment